This heat wave is unbelievable, isn't it? My brain is so fried I've lost the ability to blog. Well, not exactly.
Four months after setting my lofty goal to write a blog post every two days, everything but the temperature has dropped off here at More Than Words (if you're just tuning in and don't know what I'm talking about, you can read about my ambitiousness here).
I can't really blame the heat wave. The blazing temperatures have been around for the past few days, but my inconsistent blogging has been going on for about a month now. What can I say? Summer is here and heat wave or no heat wave, my schedule is all over the place. It changes weekly depending (mostly) on what my kids are up to.
My child free days are on hold. The house is filled with the pitter patter of little feet again. She-ya right! The house is filled with the stomping of growing feet again; feet that want to run and jump and bike and swim; feet that are always on the go. As a result, my writing has been put on the back burner.
I'm trying not to sweat it - being off schedule, that is. I wish I could say the same about the stomping feet and the unfathomably hungry, infinitely thirsty, provokingly squabbling mouths affiliated with those stomping feet. Those? Well, those are the very reason I wear antiperspirant (and have my fridge stocked with wine).
When the day camps and play dates, family visits, and holidays are done; when the need for ceiling fans and air conditioners, freezies and popsicles is gone; when the pool water cools, and the campfire and barbecue flames burn out, (and when those growing feet stomp back to school) my writing schedule will fall back into place again.
Until then, I'll leave you with a recap of the 25 blog posts I've written so far for my Not Being Able to Speak series. Click the links to check out the ones you missed or to revisit the ones you want to read again:
1. Actions Speak Louder Than Words
2. Talking With Your Mouth Full *
3. Your Secret is Safe With Me
4. Memorable Mispronunciations
5. A New Way to Cheer
6. A Silent S.O.S. *
7. 'What You See is Not All You Get'
8. Night Walkin' not Sleep Talkin'
9. The Following Blog Post May Contain a Boy with No Foul Language
10. To Teach Without Speech
11. Working On Your Core Takes on a Whole New Meaning
12. Communication Breakdowns
13. Overlooking Oblivious Orators
14. Keen on Communication Courtesies
15. Dancing Like Nobody's Watching instead of Singing Like Nobody's Listening
16. A Mother Knows the Words her Child Cannot Say
17. Getting Your Message Across However You Can
18. Giving the Silent Treatment is a Bit Ambiguous
19. Communication Starts with Model Behaviour
20. Read Alouds Reshaped
21. When Communication is Cut Off So is Too Much Hair
22. Not Necessarily 'Speech' less
23. Finding Community, Finding Empowerment
24. It's No 'Right' to Remain Silent
25. There's No Need to Churn Over It *
* my favourites
Stay cool! And stay tuned for updates on our fun in the sun (maybe a video or two...definitely some pictures).