Oh the Places We've Gone

I suppose my retirement is similar to any retirement, really, although I am puppared to admit that my work was much like play. I loved tagging along with my bud, Carter. Oh the places we've gone!








Oh the places we've gone.
We've been here, we've been there.
We've seen Pittsburgh and Disney.
Good times we did share.

Yes we had fun, but sometimes things got serious.
Doctors and dentists, they drove C delirious.
He helped in return. Oh yes, yes he did.
Because vets weren't my thing, behind Carter I hid.

I'm sorry to say so,
But sadly, it's true.
I've reached my tenth year
And retirement too.












Congratulations!
And happy birthday.
Yes! It's your retirement
Rest easy, we say.


You have stiffening joints
Your coat's been turned in
You can lay your head down
On your paws, rest begins.


You're still our good boy, a true family member.
You'll now be our pet, January through December.






Thanks Big B for your years of service and dedication to Carter and our family. Happy (belated) 10th birthday and Happy Retirement!!!



1 comment:

  1. I just want to tell you how much I enjoy your blog Stacey! I can’t believe 10 years have gone by. Will you get another service dog now? I think you are just amazing ��

    ReplyDelete